Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

I reached my goal today, and life goes on....

Since I know better than t look a gift horse in the mouth, I'm not going there.

The bathroom scale was in the same place in the room as it always is, it was at the same time of day, etc. Nothing in my routine has changed. 

I am most thrilled to crow about reaching my final weight loss goal this morning.

     Starting weight:  210 lbs with a 40 inch waist
  -  Ending  weight:  140 lbs with a 28 inch waist
         Total weight:     70 lbs and 12 inches off my waist

What changes today?

Nadda. Nothing.  Zilch

Same crap - different day.

Depending on my mood after I finish shopping the huge Wentzville Flea Market this morning, I am making the choice as to whether I want to have a celebratory lunch at My Just Desserts restaurant / cafe in Alton, IL, or go back to my Indian friends at Haveli Restaurant for another lunch.

My Just Desserts is a bit out of my way, but it is well worth it. I would have the chicken salad sandwich with chopped olives in the mix and Mrs. Ledbetter's Chocolate Pie a la mode (the best damned pie on the planet!), and do some antique shopping while I am in Alton.

It's not a splurge, actually.  I have a couple bites of fruit for breakfast, and an extremely light supper. That's the way things balance out in my world.

I reached my goal within the week that I said I would when I started this whole ordeal.  One week before the World Naked Bike Ride, when I will be wearing a glittery hot pink budgie smuggler! (Bikini)

Back to the same ole grind....

- Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment