Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

I am expecting a new baby, and I am about to (take delivery) at any time now!

I just bought a new piano, a Kawai 506N,  just a few minutes ago.  Counting this instrument, I now have 26 keyboard instruments and 3 guitars.....
My latest acquisition is a new, acoustic institutional piano that has the heavy touch of a new piano, and the big sound I'm looking for. It is in a ebony satin finish.

This piano, except with a black satin finish:
http://www.michellespiano.​com/Kawai/506N/172

A vid:
http://www.youtube.com/wat​ch?v=k5AGC1XpY-g



I had two Steinways that were thrown in my general direction, and even though the temptation was great, I passed on them both. One was a 1984 Steinway spinet for $6,500 that felt and sounded beautiful, and the other was a Steinway grand that had some restoration work, for $7,995.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why, but Mark still wants me to get a Grand. And he doesn't even play! I want a grand, but future moves, humidity, and general space issues has to be taken into consideration. It feels odd that I have to be the 'heavy' on this issue, instead of Mark, for a change. Ya know?
  That one grand (not a Steinway!) was only $1,700. I might have to add that one on to the collection.

My collection now Includes:

...3 amplifiers.
...2 mixers
..20 speakers
...(1) 1888 reed / pump organ
...(1) hand-pumped Indian Harmonium
...(1) Early 1970's vintage rare Baldwin Syntha-Sound synthesizer
...(1) 1983 Hammond Composer spinet organ
...(1) 1969 Hammond E-100 console organ with an attached Leslie 122 speaker
...(1) 1963 Hammond A-100 console organ with an attached Leslie speaker

...(1) 1966 Wurlitzer electric piano
...(1) Yamaha Digital piano - full 88.
...(2) Axiom MIDI contoller keyboards - (1) Axiom 49 and (1) Axiom 61
...(1) Korg MS-20 MIDI modeler synthesizer. complete with the Korg Legacy Software package
...(3) J Chein toy player pianos that really play their own proprietary piano rolls.
...(3) Shoenhut toy pianos
...(2) full sized Accordions.
...(1) 2011 Kawai 506N upright acoustic piano.

I am not a dealer - I am a hoarder!  he he he

"They" say that hoarders always have psychological issues that drive them to hoarding.  As much as I hate "They", and I don't even know who the Hell "They" are, "They" might be right!

My issue, you might say, stems from my mother buying me a 1979 Kimball piano as my only Christmas gift in 1980.  Little did I realize that she bought it as a weapon, but both then and now, I turned it against her. 

She told me that when I moved out, and I found a place of my own, I could take my piano with me. It was, after all, a Christmas Gift to me.  She couldn't then, and she can't now play a tune on a toy piano without someone holding her hand and guiding each finger.

A few years after she "bought me the piano", when I moved out, and I told her that I want to take my piano with me.  She told me "It's not yours to take", and she gave it to the Pentecostal Church in Quincy, where they placed it in the basement. The last time I saw that poor piano, the front board was **GONE**. and so were many of the keys, hammers, etc. It was HEAVILY damaged.  I am here to tell you that one of the pianos that Mark wanted me to buy while shopping for my new piano was an early 1900's (1910's, to be exact) grand piano that is in PHENOMENAL shape. With the only exception of out-right abuse, there is no way in Hell that a piano built in 1979 should have any mechanical issues at all, and it should not have been ripped to shreds by individuals who simply do not give a shit about any quality or talent.

I hope and pray that the individuals (including my mother, and my father, who let her do it!) are held accountable for such a display of disrespect of beauty, talent and hard work.  Actually, they ARE paying for it, even as we speak.  Their punishment is to continuing living the lives they are living. I wonder if they are smart enough to figure why "what had been coming at them is still being hurled in their direction?)  To quote my own mother (God, don't make me quote that woman!):  

"Does a skunk smell his own hole?"  The answer:  No
 

Likewise, most folk who have been given an extra dose of Karma actually know why it has been aimed at them!
If she tries to take **this** one from me, I might have to go to jail.  I will leave my debit card on the kitchen counter so Mark can get the money out of my account to bail me out!

To quote Sophia Petrillo during the episode, "MidWinter Night's Dream" - the last line,:
"Well, Pardon me while I go play the Grand Piano!"  :)

- Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment