Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

My Labor Day Adventure (Labor Day ritual?)

I had a busy Labor Day weekend, and wouldn't have had it any other way.  On Saturday, first attended the Japanese Festival at the Missouri Botanical Gardens.  One glass of good sake goes a long way!  WHEW!  Later in the evening, we parked our car in a Metrolink parking garage, and took the train to the Laclede's Landing area by the Arch for the Blues Festival where Booker T & The MGs played a set.  I will post more on Booker T later.  Riding the Metrolink is a good way to avoid walking long distances after find a distant parking space!  The Station that we board in the Brentwood area is just a few feet from the free parking garage, and the main stage of the Blues Festival was visible less than a block away from our destination, the Laclede's Landing Metrolink station.

Sunday was a day off, and I got caught up on my hobbies.  Mark had to work on Labor Day, itself, so I continued my Labor Day ritual by myself. I went to the Greek Fest in the parking lot of St. Nicholad Greek Orthodox Church, which is directly across the street from Forest Park (the zoo, etc). 

I had delicious Spanakopites (sheets of filo dough alternately layered with savory spinach and cheese filling), my obiligatory mixed Greek Pastry tray, and my customary frozen Ouzo drink.  Mark hates anything licorice flavored, but Ouzo at the Greek Fest and Sake at the Japanese Fest quickly became a yearly tradition.  After the Greek Fest, I bicycled through Forest Park and ultimately decided to go to the St. Louis Art Museum in Forest Park. More on the Art Museum later.

- Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment