Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Is it a bad thing if a mall Santa Claus flips me off?

Is it a bad thing if a mall Santa Claus flips me off? 

Yesterday, I had my facial hair in fine form, and I passed a Mall Santa (South County Mall, St. Louis) who just left his throne to take a break.   He was walking quickly to get through the crowd, attempting to disappear into some out-of-sight break room. 

I said to him, "Hey - I have to bleach my hair twice to get that color! (snow white!)"  I wasn't aware of it at the moment, but I was unintentionally insulting his age, even though he probably wasn't much older than myself.  He laughed, gently nudged my arm with his elbow and said, "Hey!", (as if to say, "How dare you!" and took a couple steps further down the mall.  He turned around and looked at me and said, in reference to my hair bleaching comment, "I do, too, but I only have to bleach ONCE!", and he put one finger up, to illustrate "1" to me - but it wasn't his pointer finger that went up in the air!  We both had a hearty laugh, and both Santa Claus' - him and myself - continued on our separate ways.

- Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment