Pages

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Real Men Still Do This.....

Photo: Ladies... do you feel offended when us men open the door for you? I think we need to bring this back in a big way! LIKE this if you agree....


If I see this post on Facebook one more time, I think I am going to shit myself to death!

The short response could be, "If real men still do this, then what do REAL women still do?"

But - you know me! The only thing short about me is my stature (!!)


This is my real response to "Real men still do this":

I agree!

I also agree that if we are going back to that era, the little woman should be barefoot and pregnant, and should have supper on the table for us (She got the recipes from Good Housekeeping Magazine!).

All that quiet, subservient crap is free, at no additional charge with this purchase, too!

I'm just curio, so the question begs,
"How far do you want to go back in history?"

Can women still hold down a job?
Can women still vote?
Are black people still free?
Are people still dying of simple infections that an inexpensive, generic antibiotic can now easily cure?

If we are going to demand gender-based role models based on something over which none of us has any control in the first place (X and Y chromosomes), then let's do it right. If you are going to choose to regress instead of progress, then you have to accept every part of that area, instead of 'picking and choosing' to suit the crown that you want to be placed on your head.

I don't demand or expect special treatment only because I was born with a penis, so I don't expect those that were born with a vagina to expect entitlement, either.

(Continued below......)
 


I have a good idea!

Let's try this:

Expecting special entitlement because the random 'luck of the draw' that was chosen for you - not BY you - at the time of your conception dictated whether you would be born with a penis or a vagina is absurd, a more reasonable approach to life would be:

"Let's be kind and courteous to EVERYBODY, irregardless of a genetic occurrence that happened several years ago, and one which was well beyond our control."

Why should we go about it in this manner?

Because since you can't control your genetics, you shouldn't expect special treatment because of something you did not accomplish.
(And for the same reason, you owe your parents nothing, contrary to some 'old school' parent's beliefs, but that is another show for a different day!)

HOWEVER....

You can control your behavior, and your are responsible for the person that you become. If you are kind, courteous, respectful, helpful, etc, and you work hard to leave this world more beautiful than you found it, you can demand to be treated with courteousy and respect.

I hate to be the 'barer of bad news', and I know this is sad news for some folk out there, but the mere fact that you have a penis or a vagina does not automatically guarantee you these things.

- Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment