Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

My first Beard Contest win! (Hey! It's a personal triumph!)



This is the half-pipe cap - with a Van Dyke mustache and goatee printed on it - was in my little prize package for winning my portion of the Beard / Mustache contest at The Grove Fest on Manchester Ave. (St. Louis) this weekend.

After I got my little bag of goodies, I had not yet 'looked in the bag', and Mark asked me, "What's in the bag? What did you win?" I answered him, "It's not about the trinkets. It's all about
the win!"

He looked in the bag, and found this cap, and instantly claimed it as his.

But....but.... Even though the design on this cap is a fun, simple little nod to the mustache / beard fan base, and it is a bit weak compared to what I wear on a daily basis, and Mark would like to THINK that he is an adventuresome soul, I think it is still a bit too far outside his comfort zone for him to actually wear it, so I think I'll be getting it back.

"Comfort Zone". Could somebody please tell me exactly where that is located? And while they are assisting me, can they well me where this "Over The Top" place can be located using Google Maps or GPS? This is a rhetorical question. I know where those things are located, and they are closer than we think. They are in the minds of people that surround me.

- Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment