Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Graduation Day.. Hey, it's a small, personal triumph!


I kinda-sorta self-graduated!  

Even though my insurance covers 10 more physical therapy sessions, I have reluctantly arrived at the conclusion that my once-a-week appointment was more to spoil myself, rather than to achieve more progress.  

A bit about Erb's Palsy:



My therapist at RPI, Libby, took 'final measurements' of my range-of-motion in my effected right arm (Erb's Palsy), and found that I have made great improvements - a 60 to 70 degree increase in the range in my elbow, alone.

For the first time in my life, BOTH of my shoulders are level!
Since I couldn't afford the usual 3 visits per week, and I have all the same equipment at home, I have been doing the same exercises at home as I was doing when I went to therapy, with one exception to that rule:  I did twice the work at home as my therapist required me to do when I went to see her, so.... The therapy visits that I paid for were actually lighter work days than when I did the same thing at home for free.

If I need her (Libby!), I know where to find her.  She was wonderful to me, but I have chosen to venture out on my own.  Since I was doing twice the work on days that I didn't have therapy scheduled, it shouldn't be too difficult for me to continue therapy at home without having to pay $200 / month.

- Michael














No comments:

Post a Comment