Pages

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Tick.... Tick.... Tick.... The Water Bug Story



I have my own water bug story that looked something right of Arachnophobia. Personally, if I see a spider in my house, I'll let him go about his way. **IF** I wake up in the middle of the night, and he's on my face, it's all over for Mr. Spider.

I lived in a 2 bedroom apt. just a block from Hardee's. I would read a book - or read the newspaper - and lay it down beside the bed on the floor before I went to sleep at night.

I am a VERY light sleeper.

I woke up in the middle of the night one night by thousands of little 'tick.... tick... tick' sounds. I rolled over and flipped on the light on the nightstand.

The wall that wasn't more than 3 ft. from my bed, from floor to ceiling was COVERED with huge water bugs! Those bugs were crawling down that wall, across the floor, and the 'tick... tick.... tick....' sound that I heard was the thousands of bugs crossing the newspaper that I had laid on the floor just a few inches from the bed - and they were headed in my direction!

(That room had been an 'add-on', and right at where the door of the 'new' room met the older structure, the builder didn't do a good job of closing that gap!)

I had 2 bedrooms, and honestly, I got up and ran out of that room, closed the door, and I honestly believe that I never went back in that room again until the day I moved out of that apt, several months later.

(Is there some connection between Quincy and HUGE waterbugs????)

- Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment