Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

There is no better way to get your adrenaline flowing....

I'm willing to bet that the nice, young utility line workers that met 3 of our 4 dogs in the back yard are probably wishing that they would have notified me that they were back there before I let the dogs out to go potty!

My dogs won't hurt anybody, but they sure will bug the Hell out of them!

We live on a fairly heavily wooded acre, and I can't see all the way to the back of the property. These gents were cutting trees away from utility lines in our neighbor's yard, and I thought I had plenty of time to let the dogs out one more time before they came into my back yard. HOWEVER....I couldn't see back there, and...they had already crossed the chain-link fence, rather than go through the gate to the back yard.

By the time I heard the commotion, and I got back to the back fence, I know one of the lads had the pointy top piece of the chain link fence up his butt, because he was sitting, perfectly balanced, on top of the fence! The other lad was as close to the top of his ladder as he could get!

I am not horribly territorial, and neither are my dogs. Once I got back there to the action, I only had to point to the house, and say, "GO!". All 3 went back home, like they were trained.

I turned to the man with the grimace on his face (the one sitting on the pointy fence!), and I said:

"None of us really cares that you are back here. I know you are just doing your job, and I am thankful that you're here. **IF** there is a 'next time', you might want to come through the front door, and meet the dogs so they won't be taken by surprise by a stranger that suddenly appeared in their own back yard. If you cover those bases, you might not have to do such fancy fence hopping the next time!"

I tried to make good by them, by telling them that they could leave the debris that they cut from the trees in the pile that I already had started in the back yard. It is a LONG WAY to carry all that cut wood back the wood chipper on their truck. I offered them a deal: If you leave the wood in fire place-sized pieces, they can leave it where it falls.

I don't know if offer truly made up for an Olde English Bulldogge nipping at his ...testicles..... (and a Black Lab / Shar Pei and a Yellow Lab / Chow helping him!), but it's not like I didn't try! :)

- Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment