Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Don't Judge God's Wisdom!


I will never forget that little meeting that Mark Fogarty called when he found out that I am gay.  He started 'throwing the book' at me, and I hurled it back at him.  When he realized that he was not gaining any ground, he tried to squelch me by saying, "Oh, Son!  Don't judge God's wisdom!"  I said, "Sir, I think you are a little confused.  I am a mere 7 yrs younger than you.  I am not your son.  And.... I'm not judging GOD's wisdom.  I'm judging YOURS.  And you're only a man.  And barely that."

Both of my parents were at this meeting, as was Diane, both Diane's parents, both my parents, and Mark Fogarty's wife (the poor, beat down thing!)  In all, there were 8 people at this little meeting, and the agenda was to discuss my sexuality.

After I politely said (with a smile, of course!", "You're only a man, and barely that!"  He said, "Meeting's ajourned!"  He stood up, and I rose out of my chair to shake his hand.  He closed Good Book, and I went to the door. I turned and said, "Call me when we can do this again some time.  I'll be looking forward to your call!"  That was the last time I ever saw that man.

From what I understand, he has been busy since that meeting:
http://www.spiritualabuse.org/experiences/lawsuits/mark_fogarty.html

I have always had a guiding hand on my shoulder.  When I first laid eyes on that man, I told my mother, "There is something about that man that I don't like.  Look just beneath the skin, and you will know what I'm talking about."  Of course, I was once again squelched.  After he left that church in a much bigger hock than he found them (which included selling the church's organ and piano to buy himself a Hammond B3 and a digital keyboard, which he took with them), he left town, and left them in a mess.

The moral of this story:
A man (woman and child) is just that. A human being. Human beings are capable of doing anything they set their minds to.  A title that had been bestowed on them (or one that they have bestowed upon themselves!) doesn't mean squat to me.  In my humble opinion, a person is judged by his / her actions, and not a title, if you know what I mean.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment