Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Saga of The Doozie Cookie

The bakery departments in St. Louis' Schnuck's grocery stores will often sell a sweet concoction that is a cookie sandwich which is composed of two large chocolate chip cookies, about an inch of icing in between the cookies, and a HUGE amount of icing in the form of various decorations on top.

I LOVE THESE THINGS!

However.... the bakery in the Schnuck's store that is 2 blocks from my home doesn't makes these 'little' treats on a regular basis. I was in that store on Thursday evening with my sister, and I talked to a lady that worked in the bakery. I told her that I would often drive to another Schnuck's store that is over 4 miles from my home to buy my Doozie Cookie if this Schnuck's Store - 4 blocks away - didn't have any made up.

On this particular Thursday evening, we continued our way through the store. A couple minutes later, this same bakery employee found me walking through the store. She was carrying a Doozie Cookie! She made one up especially for me! I felt like running to the front of the store, and doing my own version of Sally Field's, "The like me! They really like me!" The lady told me that she would have to go back to the bakery dept. to put a price on the Doozie Cookie. I told her, "That would be $1.89!"

Chapter 2 of this saga:

Last night, Mark went to "our" Schnuck's to get necessary ingredients to make tacos. When he walked back in the house after shopping, he sat a shopping bag down on the counter that contained two Doozie Cookies, and he asked me, "Just how many times to YOU go to Schnuck's?" I asked him why he was inquiring. He said, "Some lady at the bakery told him that they were going to start carrying Doozie Cookies on a regular basis because 'some little guy keeps coming in there and asking for them!"

OMG, indeed! My cravings are getting as famous as my face is at local events and venues!

- Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment