Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

Tightening up loose ends....



‎(Stick with it, the animation takes a few seconds to 'get off the ground'. The sound effects are spot-on. They match the mood of the animation.

After watching this animation, I have this realization in the back of my mind that tonight, I am going to have the 1,099th re-run of a nightmare that I had for *years* on a weekly basis as a child.

In that dream, there was nothing but a slick, nylon clothesline. *I* was this clothesline! This clothesline has a huge knot in the middle. (This knot is my HEAD!) Somebody would pull both ends of the clothesline, increasingly tightening the knot, causing my head to ache both in the dream and in real life. As the knot grew tighter and tighter, I could hear the nylon squeaking as it stretched over itself. I always woke up with migraine.

There is some salvation, however. If I think about a subject for quite some time, it won't revisit my tortured little head in a dream. If I bounce the subject off my mind just for a few seconds, and I don't dwell on it any longer than that, I am guaranteed to revisit it in a dream that night....or the next night.

I think I have thought about it long enough to ward it off! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment