Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

"I am praying for our country!"




I'll never forget that self-righteous bitch (Linda Marsten Grohman)  that I had to nix because she was crying, "I am praying for our country!" when Obama said that he supports gay marriage.


I told her first and foremost that it has been STRAIGHT PEOPLE that have been screwing up marriage for thousands of years, and if anybody had anything to do with the demise of the "sanctity of marriage", that perhaps, she should look in her own closets before she shoves the blame in ours.

(She was a preacher's wife from Hannibal, MO - currently residing in St. Charles, MO, BTW)....  Before I kicked her ass back to her bigoted curb, I told her that now, she REALLY needs to get down on her hands and knees, and perhaps pound the ground as she prays more fervently "for this country" because 2 more states legalized gay marriage.

I also suggested that she not be so self-centered in praying for just THIS country, and that she should also consider praying for :

Argentina
Belgium
Canada
Denmark
Iceland
Netherlands
Norway
Portugal
South Africa
Spain
Sweden

because long ago, they have also let those who love each other marry each other without somebody else thinking it's their damned business, and that they have the right or the authority to tell others who they should love, and who they should marry.

While we were on the subject of prayer, I told her to STOP using God / Jesus as a weapon of hate and bigotry, because #1) that is a gross use of religion, and that was not a religion's original intent (to spread hate and bigotry), and #2) it is people like HER that are giving religion a bad name, in general.

- Michael 

No comments:

Post a Comment