Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2012

A Little Outro Music.....




I present the facts before I 'let the music play' (The music follows below...I promise!)

I know that as least some portion of the world believes that today, December 20, 2012, is our last full 24 hour period together on planet Earth (in a cohesive form.)




(Over the course of history, there has been *many* predictions made as to the precise end of our existence, and as of this writing, I can attest that they have all been false, and they are pumped-up by attention-seeking alarmists that should perhaps seek more useful ways to use their most valuable non-renewable resource: Time.

Most of the percentage of believers in this latest Mayan Doomsday prediction is in the United States, and not in Mexico (more specifically, the mountainous regions of the Sierra Madre to the semi-arid plains of northern Yucatán.)

A word to the wise: ** IF NASA, OR ANY OTHER VALID, SCIENTIFICALLY-BASED AGENCY SCREAMS, "RUN! DUCK! TAKE COVER!", PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO DO SO!"

**THOSE** PEOPLE KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT!

As Kenny Rogers sings, "You've got to know when to hold them, know when to fold them, know when to walk away - know when to RUN!"

Therein lies all the difference: Knowing who you should believe, and who should be ignored.

THE MUSIC:

For those of you that remain persistent that we are all going to perish, these are just a few of the songs that I would select for you to listen to during your big "Outro":
(In no particular order:)

Great Gig In The Sky - Pink Floyd

This song has been billed as the greatest non-lyrical vocal in all of music history - period. (not a play on words!)

The following paragraph is the only true verbal lyric in the entire song. Nobody - and I mean nobody - but Clare Torry can do this song justice.  Her gut-wrench, heart-breaking vocal has stood the test of time:

"And I am not frightened of dying, any time will do, I
Don't mind. Why should I be frightened of dying?
There's no reason for it, you've gotta go sometime."
"I never said I was frightened of dying."




(If I ever need a good cry, Clare Torry is always willing to give me a good boost!)

Let's lighten the mood a bit.  At 1:13, this 747 leaves the tarmac.  You MUST watch the synchronized video!  Of all people to give me inspiration, I never thought Jerry Springer's rock opera would provide any inspirational fodder.

(Caution: Even though the message in this song is FANTASTIC, Do NOT play this song in the vicinity of small children, or while you are in a cubicle in a quiet office!)

If you don't have "Boogie in your butt" by the time you get half-way through this song, then perhaps you should have your butt checked at the nearest Urgent Care clinic:


I JUST WANNA DANCE -  ALISON JIEAR
(Jerry Springer's Opera)

(If I ever need a good cry, Clare Torry is always willing to give me a good boost!)

Let's lighten the mood a bit.  At 1:13, this 747 leaves the tarmac.  You MUST watch the synchronized video!  Of all people to give me inspiration, I never thought Jerry Springer's rock opera would provide any inspirational fodder.

(Caution: Even though the message in this song is FANTASTIC, Do NOT play this song in the vicinity of small children, or while you are in a cubicle in a quiet office!)

If you don't have "Boogie in your butt" by the time you get half-way through this song, then perhaps you should have your butt checked at the nearest Urgent Care clinic:




Fanfare For The Common Man / Marsden's Lament mash-up
Changing gears again, this is a 'mash-up' of "Fanfare for Common Man (played by Keith Emerson on a $50,000 Yamaha synthesizer!) and the theme to Warehouse 13, "Marsden's Lament" - which I have recently learned to play on the piano...

The photography is my own.....







Last on this list, but by no means the ENTIRE list,A good-ole Classic Rock standard:The Doobie Brothers: Listen To The Music

(Listen to the lyrics, and feel the music....they tell the entire story....)





Honest Injun, if I'm 'lyin', I'm dyin' - send my soul to Hell:

If there is anybody out there that gives a crap, can you please see to it - honestly - that every one of these songs are played at my Memorial Service?  (Throw in a Tony Monaco jazz organ tune, too!)

(BTW.... I'll see ya'll on Saturday, Dec 22, 2012!)

- Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment