Pages

Sunday, December 16, 2012

What is the cut-of age for a Tooth Fairy visit?




Where is my Habba Syndrome when I need it?


Last night, I made myself suddenly aware that at some unknown time during the day, I lost a tooth in my top denture ... again. (This particular smile is 8 yrs overdue to be replaced, so I can't blame the teeth or the workmanship.  They're just old - but fantastically beautiful.  Another set is $2,200 out of my pocket AND the bite will be different.  I want THIS smile, not a high priced smile that does nothing for me - if you know what I mean.

Those of you that have experienced this deal will know that if you ever loose a tooth in a denture while you are eating, the next bite will feel and sound like you bit down on a rock.  It is unmistakable.  For whatever reason, I didn't get that important clue, and I honestly think I inadvertently swallowed the tooth! I do have a spare set of teeth, and I will be wearing those tomorrow when I go do the familiar routine to get these fixed.  The color and fit of my spare set is great. I couldn't ask for better. BUT...they are small, 'dentury', and they give me an unappreciated under-bite.  I absolutely love the big, Chicklet smile that my daily-wear set gives me.

If you know what Habba Syndrome is, you will understand why this is the only time in my entire life that it would come in handy.

I get to make an impromptu, unscheduled visit to my dentist's office tomorrow.  I won't even touch the dentist's chair.  They will put my plate in a box, charge me $80, and I will take the box and drive myself to the dental lab, so I can get them returned to me the same day.

Habba Syndrome....help me now!  he he

- Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment