Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

TEXTING, 1, 2, 3......


This Russian-meteor thing has got some of my old circuits cookin' with gas ...



I crock-o-late that the meteor was traveling at 33,000 miles an hour, or 9.16 MILES per second.

A car traveling at 65 MPH is covering 95.33 FEET per second.

Knowing me well, you knew I was getting at SOMETHING, eh? 

I will admit that I am a customer of US Cellular. For me to call *any* phone number, I have to enter all 10 digits.

Those that like to play Russian Roulette with their lives and text and drive (or even enter a phone number) in a cell phone, this info is for you:
1 number per second x 10 numbers x 95.33 ft per second = 953.3 ft that your eyes were not on the road.



If you don't think that is anything to worry about, the Titanic was only 883 feet long. You travel 70 ft. longer than the length of the entire Titanic while dialing a cell phone (I'm not even getting into TEXTNG!). Less than a second (95.33 ft) is definitely more than opportune time and length to kill your silly, denial-laden ass. 

If you are still determined to take a life because of distracted driving, I hope it's yours, and not mine.

Get off the phone and drive. 

Yes, YOU.

(PSSST!  I'm Gay - not retarded.  Don't give me that "I was stopped at a 4-way stop!" or "I was stopped at a light!" crap.  I don't believe that one, and neither does anybody else.)

- Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment