Pages

Sunday, July 14, 2013

"Oh, Ma'am! Excuse me! You don't understand! I'm Father Fox!"




While we are on the subject of self-important religious fanatics:

I, personally, don't give a damned who you SAY you are.  Instead, I DO give a damn about your actions.

When I was working at Home Depot as a cashier, I had a day off - and I was standing in a check out line as a customer.

I wondered what was taking so long to ring these people out, because I knew the cashier personally, and I knew that she usually worked much faster than that.

I was the 3rd person in line.  There was a small lady that was basically going off on the cashier. Mind you, she should have NOT been yelling at the cashier for a misunderstanding on the price of an item, which was the customer's fault in the first place.

 HOWEVER....}

I could see the front end manager walking towards the scene, but before she got there, the collared priest that was standing directly behind her (who thought he had had enough of her cursing) clutched his chest and said:

"Oh, Ma'am!  Excuse me!  You don't understand!  I'm Father Fox!"

This little firecracker of a lady snapped her head in his direction, and, without missing a beat, in Linda Blair-style, she spewed in his direction:

"I DON'T GIVE A GOD DAMN IF YOU ARE MOTHER GOOSE!"

It was at that moment that she realized that she was going to have to shift into overdrive.  Until the front end manager reached the scene of the incident, this little upset customer then divided her wrath between the shocked priest and the unfortunate cashier, equally cursing them BOTH out!

I was standing behind them, cackling like an entire hen house! What a gem!


- Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment