Pages

Sunday, February 9, 2014

I Rebuke the Devil! (OK. - you would have had to have been there!)



I've never been a passenger on the guilt trip train.


Contrary to the beliefs of the people that I was raised in the vicinity of:
* (Both sexes) You're not going to Hell for wearing make up
* (For women) you're not going to Hell for cutting your hair.
* (for men) You're not going to Hell for having long hair.
* (Both sexes) You can wear either pants or a dress whenever the Hell ya damned well please.
* You're not going to Hell for loving whoever the Hell you want to love.
* You're not going to Hell for watching TV.
*That Book that some people like to throw at me (My aim is better, trust me!) says, "Make a joyful noise unto the Lord!"  IT DOES NOT SAY: "Make a joyful noise unto the Lord singing or playing only Church music?"  YOU, dear reader, put your own translation in there. Now, please take it back out.

Now, for the Amish:  I love your furniture, your cooking and your simple, back-to-the-basics.  No. Honestly, I do.  
* You're not going to Hell for having electricity.
* You're not going to Hell for having indoor plumbing.
* You're not going to Hell for owning and driving a vehicle.
* You're not going to Hell for wearing deodorant.
* You're not going to Hell for wearing ANOTHER hat.
* You're not going to Hell for wearing machine made clothing.

TO ALL THE ABOVE:
You might, however, go straight to Hell for treating those around you poorly, which, "In the name of Jesus" or "In the name of the Lord", most of you do!

Being a bad, judgmental person in the name of a religion will only serve to turn others away from your beliefs.  I hear Hindus and Buddhists haven't started any Crusades lately -0 if you know what I mean.  

Peace.
Love ya' all.

- Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment