Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

Me & my cell phone:


Me & my cell phone:


1) I check my voice mails.  Maybe twice a month.


2) My cell phone is *not* my hobby.  I have real hobbies, and I'm good at them.  It shouldn't be your hobby, either, but you are responsible for how wisely you use your time, and that is your own business.
  
3) I don't read text messages.  I don't sent text messages.  


   To paraphrase a well known game show, "If you can't afford to buy a vowel, and use complete sentences, proper puncuation and proper grammer, you can't afford my attention." (I also don't respond instant messages who are written in the same duck-speak.


3) If I missed your call, there are several reasons why:
  a) I will take your call if I am expecting it.
  b) I hate the damned thing (cell phones)!
  c) I didn't hear the damned thing ring.  It is not now, nor will it ever be, attached to my hip.
  d) You say you left a message?  See #1.


4) I do not take pictures with my phone.  That is what a real camera is for. I have a real camera, and I am pretty good at using it.  While I am on the subject, like the damned plague, I try to avoid looking at pictures taken with cell phones.  They hurt the only eye I have left, and I think it is in my best interest to protect that lone retina.
  
Isn't that "Facebook Button" that is located on some 'smart' phones quite the invention?  At the moment, I can think of no other gimmick that encourages fast, ill-thought out photography that is quickly posted by people who are too lazy to crop or to other wise properly prepare a photograph before it is made viewable by the general public.  At an alarming rate, the internet is splattered by random acts of "BLAH!"


5) I won't even talk on a cell phone while driving my vehicle.  Never. Not even for you.  In fact, I usually turn it off before I get in the car, and I don't turn it back on until I exit the vehicle. (And that is if I remember, or I care to turn it back on!)


6) I will not talk on a cell phone while walking through a store, and especially while waiting in the check out lane - or any other public place, as far as that is concerned.  That is rude.  If I would be waiting on an important call, I will quickly excuse myself and get to a more private area before continuing the concersation.  If people taking loudly on cell phones in stores / check out lanes annoy the Hell out of me, why wouldn't I think that the same behavior would annoy the hell out of someone else?  It does!


I do answer messages sent to me on Facebook or e-mails faster than any other mode of communication.  The reason is that I am probably already on the internet or on my computer, and thus I can kill 2 birds with the same stone.  My precious resource - time! - is saved.

For additional reading:
http://mrtoadslivingoutloud.blogspot.com/2011/03/buying-live-digital-chicken-in.html

- Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment