Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2012

"Because We Can"




"Because We Can" - the title of the Bon Jovi tour that is coming to St. Louis.

I love a smart man! The reason he used this title for the tour is because he knew beforehand that people would ask (with noses snarled), "Why are THEY going on tour?"
The answer, "Because We Can"


Much in the same manner as the day I fell in love with the idea of driving a used hearse as a daily driver.

I was 18 yrs old, bicycling through the parking lot of the Quincy (IL) Mall. I noticed a black, shiny hearse across the lot. It had a hood scoop, jacked up in the back with wide racing slick tires, dual exhaust pipes, and it's nose almost touched the ground. The curtains were in the windows, and the script was on the side of the hearse. It didn't take a detective to figure out that this hearse wasn't owned by a local funeral home! I rode my bicycle across the parking lot to get a closer look. Remember - this was BEFORE I was 'initiated" - before I had knowledge, and before I learned to take another look from a different point of view! I was thinking what you are thinking:

"Who the Hell would ride around in a fricken HEARSE?"

The answer became apparent to me when I read the license plates. They said:

U 2 1 DAY



Again, somebody had the forethought to put the cart before the hearse, er...horse.  In this case, they put the answer before the Mr. And Mrs. Obvious' in the world asked the obligatory question.

(For a more detailed blog on hearses, FindaGrave.com, FindADeath.com, etc:
http://mrtoadslivingoutloud.blogspot.com/2010/09/miller-monster-squad-findagravecom.html

- Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment